St Loys School Lunches
Lunch is an important meal for everyone especially our children, providing energy and nutrients to keep them going through the afternoon.
Parents may chose to provide their children at St Loys with either a Packed Lunch or a Hot Meal (provided by Dolce).
Children eat together in our spacious hall, supported by members of our school staff.
Please click here for our St Loys Healthy Packed Lunch Policy
The British Nutrition Foundation advise that: The key to a healthy packed lunch is getting the right balance. Choose a wide variety of foods which will help provide your child with all the nutrients they need and enough energy to get them through the day. The advice provided below is based on the governments’ eatwell plate:
To make your child’s packed lunch as healthy as possible try to include:
- A good portion of starchy food, e.g. wholegrain roll, wraps or pitta pockets, pasta or rice.
- A portion of lean meat, fish, egg, pulses or other non-dairy protein sources, e.g. chicken, ham, beef, tuna, sardines, mackerel, egg, beans or hummus
- Plenty of fruit and vegetables, e.g. an apple, satsuma, handful of cherry tomatoes or carrot sticks, small tub of fruit salad or small box of raisins
- A portion of semi-skimmed or 1% fat milk or other dairy food, e.g. reduced fat cheese, yogurt or fromage frais
- A drink e.g. fruit juice, semi-skimmed or 1% fat milk, yogurt drink or a bottle of water.
Hot School Lunches
Dolce are the company responsible for the provision of hot lunches to the school. They deliver regularly to the school and our school Chef, Bernie, will prepare and serve the daily lunches. There is a convenient online ordering and payment system, please contact the school office for more details or email firstname.lastname@example.org . From September 2014 the Government have offered Free School Meals to all pupils in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2.
Free School Meals
You can apply for free school meals online at
www.northamptonshire.gov.uk/freeschoolmeals or call 01604 366656 to request an application form by post.