Ethos & Values
"Our School is one where individuals will be helped to strive to reach their full potential, feel valued and where personal endeavour, responsibility and good behaviour to others will be encouraged in a Christian environment".
Our Ethos and Values
St Loys Church of England Primary Academy is committed to educational excellence and to the spiritual, moral and cultural development of all its pupils.
The School recognises and affirms its Church of England foundation and greatly values its special, historic and continuing link with the parish church of St Mary and St Peter.
Our ethos and values have an impact on:
We aim to create a happy, secure and caring environment which encourages children to be self-confident and to recognise:
- The individual worth of each child
- The need to provide equal opportunities for everyone
- The importance of helping each child attain his/her full potential
- The value of self-respect, self-discipline and self-confidence
In teaching and learning we aim to provide a curriculum that ensures balance, depth and relevance to each and every child, not least those with special needs. We aim to:
- Promote the development of children’s learning
- Have high, but realistic expectations of our pupils’ achievements
- Provide a structured and stimulating learning environment
- Encourage and foster teaching staff development and professionalism
We recognise our position within our village and the community beyond and we aim to
- Develop in our pupils a respect and tolerance for others, regardless of background
- Create a growing respect of and appreciation for the environment
- Help children to have a sense of belonging to the School and the wider community by encouraging them to be courteous and self-disciplined
- Encourage members of the community to contribute to the extra-curricular activities of the School and to contribute their time and skills, where appropriate
Updated July 2015